Solar Company in Rockford, IL
Empower your world with solar energy in Rockford
CALL NOW (866) 450-1012
Get a free quote!
Call 866-450-1012 or complete the form. An ADT Solar Energy Specialist will contact you to schedule your estimate and help you determine if solar is right for you.
"*" indicates required fields
ADT SolarRockford, IL
ADT Solar: Trusted Solar Company in Rockford
Home solar power in Rockford, Illinois is already growing rapidly, and is expected to dramatically expand by 2025 thanks in part to a strong renewable portfolio standard for Illinois. If you’re a homeowner in Illinois, you’ll want to get on board with clean solar home energy soon to take advantage of the best financial incentives.
As a leading solar company in Illinois, ADT Solar provides homeowners with high quality, reliable solar panel systems. We’re proud of the arrays we install, which are designed with cool features like real-time production data. In addition to these bells and whistles, you can rest assured that we partner with trusted brands to offer you high quality, long-lasting equipment.
Other benefits of choosing ADT Solar as your Illinois solar installer include:
- 25-year warranties on our work and products
- Roofing expertise that we use to protect your roof
- Efficient and attractive solar panels
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to superior, long-lasting work
- Assistance in obtaining needed permits
Why Go Solar in Rockford, Illinois?
You may or may not know that Illinois has the nation’s 17th highest electricity prices. In fact, electricity prices are on the rise in Illinois. In 2019, energy prices rose to the highest level in four years. Not only is it a great investment, but installing solar panels in Rockford, IL is also a great way to control your electricity costs, now and in the future.
In addition to lowering your monthly electricity bill each month, you can help keep the air and land clean in Illinois by switching to solar energy. There are also incentives for going solar in Illinois that help make it easier than ever to switch.
Are solar panels worth it in Rockford?
The answer is yes! Here are some of the top reasons that residents of Illinois are choosing to have solar panels installed, making it a leading state for solar energy.
Illinois Renewable Energy Portfolio
Solar in the state of Illinois is expected to grow by more than 1,700% over the next five years, according to SEIA. This is in part due to Illinois’ Renewable Portfolio standard which requires they generate 25% of their energy from renewable sources by 2025. The amount of solar installed in Illinois is rapidly growing and already has enough solar installed to power over 54,608 homes.
In order to keep the land in Illinois beautiful, residents are continuously looking for ways to reduce their impact on their surroundings. One of the ways you can decrease your carbon footprint while increasing self-sufficiency by installing solar panels on your home.
Decreasing Costs and Improved Technology
The costs of solar panel installations have come down significantly. There are plenty of ways to switch to green energy for your home that works for your budget. Our Solar Specialists are trained to help you make sense of it all and help you figure out a plan that works for your specific needs, as well as average costs for switching to solar in your area. Solar technology has made huge strides in efficiency and longevity too! More efficient solar panels mean that each square foot of solar panel can produce even more solar power.
Solar Battery Storage
Power outages whether routine or from a natural disaster can be devastating. If you’re concerned about power outages from weather or otherwise, now is a great time to consider a solar battery backup as an add on to your solar energy system. Solar energy batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, will take any extra solar power your panels produce and store it for you to use later. So even when the sun goes down, your home can run on clean energy. It’s also covered under the federal tax incentive as well as a few other state level incentives. Contact a Solar Specialist to find out more.
Get your free customized solar estimate
Call (866) 450-1012 or enter your information. An ADT Solar Energy Specialist will contact you to schedule your estimate and help you determine if solar is right for you.
Step 1 of 4:
Illinois solar incentives, tax credits & rebates
If you’re thinking about purchasing residential solar in Illinois, you’ll want to know about the solar incentives available to you. With varying options that include a federal tax credit and a property tax exemption, these incentives are attractive in different ways. Most importantly, they can decrease your buyback period.
- Federal solar tax credit – Homeowners who go solar can get a 30% credit on their federal taxes if their solar energy system is eligible*.
- Net metering – You could earn credits on your electric bill by selling the excess energy your array produces to your utility company1.
- Solar renewable energy certificates (SRECs) – Also known as Illinois Shines/Adjustable Block Program, SRECs are credits you can earn depending on your solar panel system’s production. You earn one certificate for each MWh of electricity your solar system produces over 15 years (1).
- Property tax exemption – According to the terms of this solar incentive, installing a rooftop array won’t increase your property taxes (2).
- Illinois solar rebate program – You could be eligible for a solar rebate from your utility company.
Solar Panels Increase Home Value in Illinois, Experts Agree
Not only do solar panels save you money, they also add value to your home.
Don’t take it from us, listen to the experts: in a comprehensive report done by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), they found out having solar panels installed to your home helps sell your home faster and get more money for it!
On average, solar panels add $20 of value for every $1 you save on your electric bill. So if you saved $200 a month on your electric bill with solar panels, you’d have an additional $4,000 of value added to your home.
And again in 2015 the Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory confirmed these findings with another study on the real estate market. After analyzing 22,000 homes, they found that homes with solar panels fetched a higher asking price than those without. About $4/watt, which comes out to be around $15,000 for residential, depending on your home and solar system.
In addition, solar panels can help your property spend less time on the market. In another study done by NREL, they found that solar properties earned about 17% more at closing, in addition to selling 20% faster.
How to Choose a Solar Company in Rockford, IL
It’s helpful to remember the three most important tips when choosing a solar panel company in your area:
- Make sure the company you choose has warranties in place. Not only on labor, but products as well. If you follow this rule, your home and your investment will be protected in the years to come.
- Read reviews about the company you’re choosing. While you’ll see a bad review here and there (just the nature of open reviews), make sure a large majority of the reviews aren’t negative and stating the same problems over and over. And that the company is addressing all the issues presented in the negative reviews. No matter how large the solar company, check the reviews first.
- Choose a reputable company that’s been in the game for awhile. Again, this way you are sure to protect your investment with a company that will continue to be there for you in the years to come.
Choosing ADT Solar as Your Solar Installation Company in Rockford
If you’re looking for an honest, reliable solar installation company in Rockford, look no further. ADT Solar’s team of professional solar installers uses only the highest quality solar equipment in every installation. We use nothing but the best people and the best brands because that’s exactly what our customers deserve.
In addition, each solar panel installation we perform also comes with our 25 year Labor Warranty and our 25 year Production Guarantee. We will also perform a full energy audit on your home to ensure that you get the maximum possible savings with your solar panel system.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement experts
ADT Solar is here to provide all your solar needs. We offer turnkey solutions so you can switch to green, renewable energy with zero stress. To learn more about switching to rooftop solar, or to schedule your free consultation, simply call us today!