Solar Company in Charleston, SC
Take back your power in Charleston with solar
CALL NOW 866-450-1012
Get a free quote!
Call 866-450-1012 or complete the form. An ADT Solar Energy Specialist will contact you to schedule your estimate and help you determine if solar is right for you.
"*" indicates required fields
Charleston Solar: Is it Worth it?
If you’re looking for a place with a rich history, look no further than Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston is now making history with the remarkable growth of the solar industry because residents in Charleston are experiencing huge savings from their high electric bills. Charleston’s coastal location, and a town of many ‘firsts’ in the United States, make it a great place to make the switch to solar panels.
With over 210 sunny days a year, solar panels in Charleston can turn sunshine into savings. Powering your home with clean energy keeps South Carolina environmentally friendly and clean, even while saving. Homeowners in Charleston can take advantage of the generous state and federal tax incentives to make going solar easy and affordable. And you’ll get to save money each month thanks to your solar energy system. With ADT Solar’s 25 year Labor Warranties and Production Guarantees, plus incentives like net metering, the 30% Federal Solar Tax Credit, and the 25% South Carolina Tax Credit, there’s no better time to get Charleston solar panels than right now.
ADT Solar, Trusted Solar Panel Company in Charleston, SC
Since 2008, ADT Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service. We were ranked #2 for 2021 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the nation and the largest residential solar installer in South Carolina. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
Get your free customized solar estimate
Call (866) 450-1012 or enter your information. An ADT Solar Energy Specialist will contact you to schedule your estimate and help you determine if solar is right for you.
Step 1 of 4:
Charleston Solar Incentives
South Carolina has plenty of incentives for going solar which makes the decision easy for homeowners in Charleston. The best way to find out all the incentives available to you is by talking to a professional. Schedule a no-hassle consultation with a Solar Specialist at ADT Solar, who are trained in helping you go solar affordably and easily. For your reference, here is an overview of the incentives available to residents of South Carolina.
30% Federal Solar Tax Credit
If you’d like to get solar panels in Charleston, be sure to take a look at this. Everyone is starting to catch on just how great renewable energy is, including the government. The federal government, wanting to encourage people to switch to renewable energy, is offering this tax credit. It’s called the Federal Solar Tax Credit, or the Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC for short). With it, those who go solar can receive up to 30% of the total cost back in tax credits. Furthermore, any remaining credits that you don’t use will be rolled over to the next year.
25% South Carolina State Tax Credit
The state of South Carolina has an amazing incentive available for its residents who want to purchase a solar array. Like the ITC, this incentive allows you to receive some of the cost of your solar panels back in tax credits. This one is state based, and you can get up to 25% back. The maximum amount of credit that you can apply in a single tax year is $3,500, or 50% of your state tax liability. You may apply it to whichever is the lesser amount.
With the ITC, and the state tax credit, you could save a lot when purchasing your Charleston solar panels. And like the ITC, the credits from this tax incentive also roll over to the next year if unused. A chance to get 51% off an investment is pretty hard to find out there. Take advantage of this one, and get your Charleston solar panels today!
South Carolina Net Metering
To encourage people to switch to renewable energy, some electric utility companies will offer net metering, or power performance payments. With net metering, any extra energy your solar panels produce is sent to your electric company’s grid. Your account is credited for the power the company receives. This gives you extra monthly savings thanks to your Charleston solar system.
Dominion Energy (formerly South Carolina Electric and Gas Company) offers net metering to its customers. This program has capacity up to 2% of their peak capacity. Currently Dominion Energy has reached their max capacity, and is currently closed to new applicants. Below are the requirements needed for application upon the re-opening of the project.
Dominion Energy (formerly South Carolina Electric and Gas Company)
There’s also a system similar to net metering called Power Performance Payments. With this system your electricity is still sent to the grid, you are just credited for each full kW. South Carolina allows for both systems. There are a few electric utility companies that offer these programs in the state, including Dominion Energy and Duke Energy.
Solar Panels Increase Home Value in South Carolina
Not only do solar panels save you money, they also add value to your home. And if you live in South Carolina, according to CNBC, it’s one of the top states in the country for the highest selling value with solar installed. Here are their rankings for how much solar adds value to the median-valued home:
- New Jersey: 9.9% or $32,281
- Pennsylvania: 4.9% or $8,589
- North Carolina: 4.8% or $8,996
- Louisiana: 4.9% or $7,037
- Washington: 4.1% or $15,916
- Florida: 4% $9,454
- Hawaii: 4% or $24,526
- Maryland: 3.8% or $10,976
- New York: 3.6% or $10,981
- South Carolina: 3.5% or $5,866
Even the experts agree! In a comprehensive report done by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), they found out having solar panels installed to your home helps sell your home faster and get more money for it!
On average, solar panels add $20 of value for every $1 you save on your electric bill. So if you saved $200 a month on your electric bill with solar panels, you’d have an additional $4,000 of value added to your home.
And again in 2015 the Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory confirmed these findings with another study on the real estate market. After analyzing 22,000 homes, they found that homes with solar panels fetched a higher asking price than those without. About $4/watt, which comes out to be around $15,000 for residential, depending on your home and solar system.
In addition, Charleston solar panels can help your property spend less time on the market. In another study done by NREL, they found that solar properties earned about 17% more at closing, in addition to selling 20% faster.
Solar Panel Companies Charleston SC: How to Choose an Installer
If you’re ready to make the decision to switch to clean energy, you may be wondering how to choose the right installer in your area. Let’s go through some of the most important things to be aware of when choosing a solar panel installer in Charleston.
How to choose solar companies in Charleston SC:
- Expertise: Your solar installer should be well established in the solar industry. A company with expertise means they’ve been around for more than a few years and have thousands of installations under their belt.
- Roofing knowledge: Another thing to be on the lookout for is if the solar company has roofing experience. It’s good to know the company handling your solar installation for your house’s roof knows their way around roofs.
- In-house team: Many solar companies subcontract installation and other employees. Solar companies who use in-house installers are much more reliable and coordinated, leading to faster installation and easier communication.
- Credentials: A reputable solar installation company will have all of the necessary licenses, insurance policies and credentials needed for all areas they operate in. They should be listed on their website and easy to find. A company with all credentials will meet all of the state standards and is certified as a legitimate business.
- Reputation: Reading solar company reviews is a great place to start. Keep an eye out for companies that respond to their customer reviews in a professional and timely manner. Companies who care about their customers will be helpful and thankful to their customers. Another bonus is to look for a solar company that has recognized within their industry with awards.
- Warranties: Warranties are one of the important factors when considering solar companies. Many solar companies do not have reliable warranties. When buying an expensive system, you want to protect your investment with warranties. Knowing you’re backed up by the company for years to come is one of the most important things a solar company can provide for your peace of mind.
ADT Solar, Trusted Charleston Solar Installation Company
ADT Solar has been installing solar panels for over ten years. In that time we’ve gained a reputation for being honest and reliable. We live up to our reputation by proving nothing less than the best to our customers. Our solar installers are all experienced and certified. We use high quality solar panel brands, Enphase microinverters and solar batteries.
Each solar installation performed by ADT Solar also comes with the following:
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- A FREE energy audit to ensure maximum savings for you!
ADT Solar services the greater Charleston area. We offer turnkey solar solutions so that you can get your Charleston solar panels without having to worry about a thing. Contact us today to learn more!
*Tax and credits or incentives including those provided by federal, state, or local governments may change or end. This can impact the amount of money you might save. Consult a tax professional to understand any tax liability or eligibility for any tax credits that may result from the purchase of your solar system.
**If you have taxable income and own the system, you may qualify for the federal investment tax credit (ITC). It is your responsibility to determine your eligibility and to apply. Consult a qualified tax professional for assistance and details.