Last updated: April 1, 2023
Personal Information ADT Collects
What Personal Information ADT Collects: ADT collects (and has collected in the previous 12 months) personal information from your use of our websites, products, services, and any devices with our products and services, including the following:
ADT collects the personal information detailed to the left when you use our websites, products, services, and any devices with our products and services.
|A. Identifiers/Contact Information
|Name, postal address, home / business address, telephone number, email address, account name, company affiliation, membership status, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal Information Categories in Applicable State Statutes
|Signature, physical characteristics / description, bank account / credit card / debit card numbers, other financial information, medical information, health insurance information, or other insurance policy information.
|C. Protected Classifications/ Characteristics Information
|Age (40 years or older), marital status, sex, gender, veteran, or military status.
|D. Commercial Information
|Records of personal property, owner/renter, housing characteristics, credit score / worthiness, income level, lifestyle, products and services purchased / obtained / considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Biometric Information
|See Sensitive Personal Information category below.
|F. Internet/Network Activity Information
|Browsing / search history, interactions with a website / application / advertisement, Internet protocol (IP) address, Internet service provider (ISP) information, log files, Wi-Fi bandwidth, and upload/download speeds.
|G. Geolocation Information
|Approximate: GPS, physical location, or movements.
|H. Sensory Information
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal / temperature, motion, accelerometer, or similar data
|I. Professional/Employment Information
|N/A – Not Collected
|J. Non-public Education Information
|N/A – Not Collected
|K. Inferences from Personal Information
|Profile reflecting personal preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
|L. Sensitive Personal Information
Collection Purpose: ADT uses and processes the personal information we collect for the purposes outlined in the Personal Information Uses, Disclosures, and Sharing section below.
What Methods and Sources ADT Uses for Collecting Personal Information: ADT collects the personal information using several methods and from various sources, including the following:
|We may directly collect personal information in many situations. For example, you may provide us personal information when:
If you provide us any information relating to another person, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
|Indirectly or Automatically
|We may also indirectly or automatically collect personal information using the technologies and from the sources described below:
|Third Parties/Other Sources
|We may also collect personal information from third parties and other sources, including:
Personal Information Uses, Disclosures, and Sharing
How ADT Uses Personal Information. ADT uses the personal information for our business and commercial purposes, including the following:
- Setting up your ADT services including establishing your ADT account and profile.
- Providing your ADT services including responding to alarm and security events.
- Troubleshooting and providing customer service related to your ADT services.
- Processing payments for your ADT services.
- Determining financing and your credit worthiness.
- Contacting you regarding your ADT service(s) and responding to your inquiries and comments.
- Enhancing, improving, or modifying our websites, products, and services.
- Developing new products and services.
- Conducting data analysis, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
- Providing marketing and promotional materials.
- Customer retention, feedback, and reactivation programs.
- Engaging in lead generation activities.
- Solicited or unsolicited sales calls.
- Validating eligibility for discounts or other customer benefits.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How ADT Discloses and Shares Personal Information. ADT discloses and may share personal information with various parties for various business purposes, including the following:
ADT uses personal information to provide you our products and services and for the business and commercial purposes detailed to the left.
ADT discloses and may share personal information with third-party service providers, insurance companies, business partners, and emergency services providers to deliver or enhance our services. We may also disclose personal information to our affiliates/related entities, for legal reasons, or in the event of a sale or change of control of our company. ADT does not sell personal information.
|Categories of Parties
|Service Providers and Business Partners
|We disclose and may share personal information with service providers, including: partner companies, authorized dealers, advertisers, Internet cookie recipients, and insurance companies. Before we disclose or share personal information, we enter into written agreements with such service providers which contain data protection terms that safeguard such information. These service providers may use the personal information only as necessary to provide ADT services, to support ADT’s business operations, or other purpose with your consent.
|Emergency Services Contacts
|We disclose and may share personal information with persons designated in your emergency contact list and third-party emergency services providers such as police departments, fire departments, and emergency medical services to provide our services.
|We disclose and may share personal information with ADT’s parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, or other related ADT entities to support our business operations and to provide our services.
|We disclose and may share personal information for legal reasons including to comply with legal process, requirements based on the nature of information requested and the circumstances of the request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate potential fraud, or other illegal activity.
|Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control
|We disclose and may share personal information with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
ADT does not sell personal information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. ADT does not share personal information with a third party for their own marketing purposes or for cross contextual behavioral advertising, without your consent. Further, ADT does not knowingly sell personal information of minors under 16 years of age or share such information without appropriate consent.
What State Privacy Rights You May Have.States have enacted privacy and data protection laws requiring certain disclosures and providing certain privacy rights regarding the personal information we collect, use, disclose, or share. Below is a listing of such disclosures and the state specific privacy rights that you may have. ADT will not discriminate against you for exercising such rights.
Privacy Rights: If applicable, you may have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- The right to know and access the personal information we collect, use, disclose, or share;
- The right to obtain a copy of the personal information in a portable format;
- The right to correct inaccuracies in the personal information;;
- The right to request deletion of the personal information, subject to exceptions;
- The right to opt-out of the sharing of the personal information;
- The right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information unless otherwise allowed by law;
- The right to be free from discrimination for exercising the above rights.
Exercising Privacy Rights:
- Submitting Requests – To exercise the privacy rights stated above, contact ADT by submitting a request on this Online Request Form or by calling 1-877-871-5625.
- Authorizing an Agent – You may also authorize an agent to act on your behalf to exercise the privacy rights stated above. To authorize an agent please provide written authorization to ADT at the contact information listed in the Contact Information section below.
- Verifying Privacy Requests – Upon receiving a privacy rights request ADT will verify the request by matching the information provided in the request to the personal information ADT currently has.
- Appeal Process – If we do not act on or deny your verified or authenticated privacy rights request, you may appeal our decision by submitting an appeal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADT provides certain privacy rights if you are a resident of a state with a state-specific privacy law. You may have the right to know/access, portability, correct, delete, opt-out, or limit use of the personal information we have. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise such rights. To exercise your rights, follow the instructions to the left.
Personal Information Protection, Storage, and Retention
How ADT Protects Personal Information.We limit access to personal information and seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect such information. Unfortunately, no information transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately using the information in the Contact Information section below.
How Long ADT Retains Personal Information. We retain personal information for as long as your account is active, for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, in accordance with applicable law, and in accordance with our information retention policy.
ADT protects personal information using reasonable information security controls. We retain personal information for as long as needed to provide our services, in accordance with applicable law, and in accordance with our information retention policy.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Information
How ADT Transfers Personal Information: To facilitate our operations, we may transfer, store, and process personal information in countries or jurisdictions other than where you live, including in the United States. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. For instance, if you are a European Economic Area (EEA) data subject and your personal information is provided to our affiliates, partners, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf outside of the EEA, then it is done so pursuant to necessary means to ensure an adequate level of protection.
ADT Inc. (and its affiliated entities) is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and other nations to applicable data protection frameworks and principles.
ADT Inc. is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under each such framework, and which it subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. ADT Inc. is committed to complying with applicable data protection frameworks and principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and other nations, including applicable onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to such personal data, ADT Inc. is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of regulatory agencies. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Under certain conditions, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
ADT is committed to adhering to applicable cross border transfer data protection frameworks and principles, which subject ADT to enforcement by regulatory agencies.
How ADT Limits Information Collection, Use, Disclosure, and Sharing:
- Data Minimization. ADT uses best practices to limit the collection, use, disclosure, and sharing of personal information. We only collect, use, disclose, and share personal information as reasonably necessary, adequate, and relevant to the specified business purposes in this policy, to provide our services, and as allowed under applicable law.
How ADT Collect Information from Minors:
- Collection from Minors. ADT’s websites, products, and services are intended for a general audience, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals that are less than 13 years of age.
How ADT Processes Information on Behalf of our Clients:
- Information Processing. We may process personal information collected through our services on behalf of our client. Such processing and use shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the client has engaged ADT. In situations where ADT collects information under the direction of its client, we may not have a direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information we collect or process. If you are a customer of one of our clients and are seeking to access, correct, delete, or exercise other privacy rights, you should direct your request to ADT’s client (the data controller), not ADT. ADT will respond appropriately and in compliance with applicable law to any instructions or requested actions received from our client (the data controller). We will retain the personal information we collect or process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client, or as otherwise allowed under applicable law.
How ADT Uses Online Tracking:
- Opting-Out: If you wish to opt-out of interest-based advertising click here or if located in the European Union click here. Please note you will continue to receive generic ads. You may opt out of our marketing and promotional emails by using the “unsubscribe” link provided in the email.
How ADT Obtains Consent:
- Obtaining Consent. Each time you provide any personal information to us through our websites, products, services, or your devices, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, and sharing of such information according to this policy. Consent for the collection, use, disclosure, and sharing of such information may be obtained either expressly or implied. Your express consent may be given in writing, verbally, or electronically. Your implied consent may be given through actions you take, such as supplying personal information for a specified purpose. If you do not notify us, we will consider you to have consented to our continued collection, use, disclosure, and sharing of personal information. Revoking consent to collect, use, disclose, and share information for certain purposes may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services.
How ADT Uses Third Party References:
ADT limits the collection, use, disclosure, and sharing of personal information for our business purposes, to provide our services, and as allow under applicable law.
ADT generally does not collect data from minors less than 13 years of age. Specific products may collect such data in which case we make appropriate disclosures, obtain verifiable parental/legal guardian consent, and provide parental rights.
ADT may process personal information on behalf of third parties. Any such processing will be limited to the purpose for which the third party engaged ADT. You must contact the third party directly to exercise your privacy rights.
ADT does not respond to browser Do Not Track signals. You can opt-out of other tracking technologies we use by visiting the specific links provided to the left.
ADT obtains your consent in a variety of ways including in writing, verbally, or electronically. Your consent can be express or implied by your actions. If you revoke consent, we may not be able to provide you services.
Changes to Our Policy
How ADT Updates and Notifies You of Policy Changes. We may update this policy to reflect changes to our privacy practices. If we make material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
ADT may update this policy periodically. We will notify you of changes by emailing you or posting revisions to our website. You should review this policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact ADT. You can contact us about this policy by writing or emailing us at the address provided below:
ADT LLC dba ADT Security Services
Attn: Privacy Officer
1501 Yamato Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0835
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. This third-party dispute resolution provider will then serve as a liaison with ADT to help resolve your concerns.
ADT is here to answer your questions. You can contact us using the information listed to the left.
ADT Commercial Government Services LLC
ADT Commercial LLC
ADT Finance LLC
ADT Innovation LLC
ADT Puerto Rico, LLC
ADT Solar LLC
ASG International, Inc.
Compass Solar Group, LLC
Everest Video Systems, LLC
Fire Systems International, Inc.
I-View Now LLC
Prime Finance Inc.
Prime Security Services Borrower, LLC
Prime Security Services Holdings, LLC
Red Hawk Security Systems, LLC
Security Monitoring Services, Inc.
The ADT Security Corporation
ADT’s entities and affiliates listed to the left are covered by this policy.