Solar Company in Wichita, KS
Take back your power in Wichita with solar
CALL NOW 866-450-1012
Get a free quote!
Call 866-450-1012 or complete the form. An ADT Solar Energy Specialist will contact you to schedule your estimate and help you determine if solar is right for you.
"*" indicates required fields
Why Go Solar in Wichita, KS
If you’re a homeowner in Wichita, there’s no better time to turn that Kansas sunshine into savings by going solar. With an amount of sunshine similar to that of California, the state of Kansas and, specifically Wichita, makes the area a terrific fit for sun-powered solar energy. Not to mention, the switch to renewable green energy makes for air and an environment that’s cleaner than the fossil fuel alternatives offered by the electric companies.
Much like the rest of Kansas, solar companies in Wichita have taken great strides to bring solar energy to more homes and businesses. At ADT Solar, we want to help you take advantage of the best solar power incentives in Wichita. Let’s go over all the reasons why switching to solar energy in Wichita, Kansas has never been a better idea.
Are Solar Panels in Wichita Worth it?
Let’s look further into all the excellent reasons why people in your Wichita neighborhood, across the state of Kansas, and the rest of the world are switching to solar energy to power homes and businesses.
- Decreasing Costs – The costs of solar panel installations have come down significantly. The U.S. Energy Information Administration declared that solar is now, “the cheapest electricity in history”, and with the 30% federal tax credit, solar is an affordable investment in Wichita.
- Solar Technology Improvements – Solar technology has made huge strides in efficiency and longevity too! More efficient solar panels mean that each square foot of solar panel can produce even more solar power. This is extremely important for rooftop installations with limited space for solar panels.
- Improved Home Value – A solar panel system does more than lower or eliminate your electric bill, it is also an asset that increases your home’s value!
- Tax Credits – The federal government gives out a significant tax credit for those who install solar panels to their home. The rate is locked in at 30% until the end of 2032. After that, it will drop to 26% through 2033, then, 22% until the end of 2034.
- Solar Powered Battery Storage – If you’re concerned about power outages, now is a great time to consider a solar battery backup as an add on to your solar energy system. Solar energy batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, will take any extra solar power your panels produce and store it for you to use later. So even when the sun goes down, your home can run on clean, green energy.
- Environmental Concerns – As concern about the environment grows, people are looking for ways to reduce their impact on their surroundings. You can decrease your carbon footprint while increasing self-sufficiency by installing solar panels on your home.
Wichita Solar Incentives, Tax Credits, and Net Metering
Worried about the cost of going solar in Wichita this year? Well, there’s no reason to worry. There are a few great state and federal incentives available to homeowners in Wichita, Kansas that make solar panels affordable.
Get your free customized solar estimate
Call (866) 450-1012 or enter your information. An ADT Solar Energy Specialist will contact you to schedule your estimate and help you determine if solar is right for you.
Step 1 of 3:
Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC) in Wichita
If you’re going solar in Wichita, KS, there’s a giant cost-savings credit to apply to your solar panel investment: the Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) offered by the United States federal government. This federal tax credit is available to eligibile Kansas homeowners and business owners and provides a 30% tax credit of the entire solar system cost, including a battery system.
Wichita, Kansas Net Metering Opportunities
When your solar panels produce more energy than you need, net metering makes it so that you can sell your extra energy back to the utility company. When net metering in Kansas, the utility companies will pay for the electricity you produce at the utility’s wholesale rate (system average cost) which currently sits at about 2.1 cents per kWh.
If you decide to store your excess energy, your panels act as a great investment to offset the utility costs. For that reason, net metering in Wichita is a great incentive for those customers looking to add battery storage.
Net metering means greater monthly savings for you. While Kansas electric coops and municipal electric providers are not required to offer net metering, all other electric utility companies are. And many coops and municipal providers offer net metering in some form.
|Utility Company||Interconnection Requirements||Notes|
|Board of Public Utilities (BUP)||
|Evergy (formerly Kansas City Power & Light, and Westar Energy)||
Wichita Solar Property Tax Exemption
Renewable energy like solar power is growing in popularity all over, including Wichita. And because state and city leadership knows how important clean energy will be in the future, they’ve made solar panels in Wichita and the rest of Kansas exempt from property taxes.
Not only do solar panels save you money, but they also add value to your home. On average, solar panels add $20 of value for every $1 you save on your electric bill. So if you saved $200 a month on your electric bill with solar panels, you’d have an additional $4,000 of value added to your home.
However, if you’re worried about increased property taxes from the added value, here’s some relief: Kansas law makes solar panels completely property tax exempt. That means all the increase in value without having to pay additional property taxes for the solar panels installed on your home.
How to Choose the Best Solar Companies in Wichita
Choosing a solar contractor in your area can be intimidating, which is why it’s helpful to remember the three most important tips when choosing a solar panel company.
- Make sure the company you’re choosing has warranties in place. Not only on the labor, but products as well. That way you know you and your investment are protected in the years to come.
- Read reviews about the company you’re choosing. While you’ll see a bad review here and there (just the nature of open reviews), make sure a large majority of the reviews aren’t negative and stating the same problems over and over. That’s a clear indicator of a company to stay clear of, no matter how well known their name is.
- Choose a reputable company that’s been in the game for awhile. Again, this way you are sure to protect your investment with a company that will continue to be there for you in the years to come.
Read what our customers in Wichita are saying
Solar Installers In Wichita: ADT Solar, Trusted Solar Company
Since 2008, ADT Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service, and was ranked #2 for 2021 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement experts
Free Solar Panel Quote For Wichita, Kansas Residents
If you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact us to discover all your options.
We install solar and roofs in the state of Wichita, Kansas. Contact us today to see if we service your area and get free solar quotes for your particular needs.
ADT Solar1927 S. West Street Suite A
Wichita, KS 67213
Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM CST
Saturday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM CST
Sunday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST
*Tax and credits or incentives including those provided by federal, state, or local governments may change or end. This can impact the amount of money you might save. Consult a tax professional to understand any tax liability or eligibility for any tax credits that may result from the purchase of your solar system.
**If you have taxable income and own the system, you may qualify for the federal investment tax credit (ITC). It is your responsibility to determine your eligibility and to apply. Consult a qualified tax professional for assistance and details.